Marketplace eCommerce Website Design & Development
The nature of selling furniture within an online marketplace shopping environment presented us with a set of unique challenges. To overcome these challenges for this ecommerce platform, the strategy was to not only design a beautiful website on the outside, but also design and develop a custom-built backend system that catered to the unique requirements of this particular business.
Being a marketplace website meant that each vendor had a different location with different sized furniture, of which, usually required a more gentle approach with the removal and delivery of the items. This alone had its own set of objections, however, as the project progressed we were able to jump these hurdles with custom development and custom design to ensure the experience on the site always remained smooth.
• Writing a custom shipping algorithm that catered to the difficulties raised by shipping rare, expensive and hard to transport items – Australia wide.
• Building out a dedicated courier-driver dashboard, that drivers could access to arrange the pickup and delivery of goods.
• Customer integration with other third-party providers such as SENDLE, eWAY, Facebook, Google Merchant Centre, ZenDesk Chat and Wiki, Mailchimp and many others.
• We built a custom integration photo editing tool that allows vendors to edit and remove the background of the items they have for sale quickly and easily. This maintains the high end, professional look and feel of the website and the Collécte brand itself.
• We also integrated an internal messaging system that allows vendors and customers to easily communicate about the products for sale on the site.
• Increase in users from the previous month by 84%
• A 31% growing increase in engagement
• An increase in sales, which continues to grow each month
Talk to us now, book a free consult call to discuss your project.
Fill out the below form and we’ll be in touch with you
"*" indicates required fields